blog link

blog link
bloglink

Sunday, October 7, 2012

TWELVE BIG YEARS


I did it!

Today is our twelfth wedding anniversary and I not only remembered first I remembered before either of us had left the house for the day!

"I'd like to accept this 'husband of the year' award with thanks to my lucky wife, Tracey, and all the encouragement she's bellowed at me over the....." Yeah, maybe that's a stretch. But I'm still going to pat myself on the back.

Twelve years! Where does the sleep go?

Tracey's popped off to work now, but tonight we'll head out for a nice dinner. Or, we'll take the kids out for dinner with us. We're currently locked in discussions about which way to go.

Below is our wedding song, which, despite not knowing a crotchet from a quaver, I wrote the words and melody for. Fortunately I have clever friends who play and together they wrote the music and recorded this special (for us) song with Tracey and I singing vocals.

We played it while Tracey walked down the aisle and then while we danced our wedding dance. It's lovely to be able to reflect on our years together while we play this song which helped begin this part of our journey.

Love you, Tracey. Incredibly, more now than ever. I'm self-diagnosing Stockholm Syndrome. XX


Perfect.

I spent a night taking stock 
Of what I am and am not
I know my faults more than some
I face my demons head on
And there's one thing I've found
I'm not perfect it's true
But I'm perfect for you

Sometimes at night while you sleep
I lay awake as you dream
It seems like fates lent a hand
And I know how lucky I am
To be here in your arms
I'm not perfect it's true
But I'm perfect for you

The nights don't seem so cold now you're here in my home
My laughter spreads to my eyes when we talk late at night
We'll reap from seeds that we've sown as we age, and I know
This love we've declared 
Is perfectly shared

With every word from your lips
With every touch every kiss
You sweep the doubts from my life 
You give me strength and I find
Life with you seems so right
You're not perfect maybe
But you're perfect for me

When we first met it felt right
You made me work for a while
Then you brought the mountain to me
You placed the world at my feet
And I need you to know
You're not perfect maybe
But you're perfect for me

The nights don't seem so cold now you're here in my home
My laughter spreads to my eyes when we talk late at night
We'll reap from seeds that we've sown as we age, and I know
This love we've declared 
Is perfectly shared

I believe, I believe, I believe (you're perfect for me)


words Bruce Devereaux
music Brett Young with Martin & Carol Hart


If you'd like to hear the song you can link over to last year's anniversary post HERE. I'd repost the song only I can't for the life of me work out how the hell I did it. I'm such a technoputz.




Our 'BIG FAMILY little income' Facebook Page
Our 'BIG FAMILY little income' Blog

'raising a family on little more than laughs'


(don't forget to thank our sponsors by clicking their links)





No comments:


Popular Posts